Tuesday, October 9, 2012

First day of work

HI EVERYBODY.

Yes from the title you can see that I've.... STARTED WORKING! YAY YIPEE YAY. But curious to know where I work at huh?.... Well it's not anything big or so but I'm employed at Amasoy at clementi! Do come and buy tauhuey ok? It's all organic, currently under promotion BUY 3 GET 1 FREE, BUY 5 GET TWO FREE. LOL.

It's really quite cool cuz I went for the interview yesterday night at like 9.15 and this morning I got a text telling me to start work cuz another colleague was on mc.. And I had to forgo going to ecp with the girls :(((((((
Oh well, I have to work if not I'll be nagged at everyday for being lazy and all. Thank God for the job. But you may think like, oh tauhuey only... like no big deal uh. But it's quite a big deal for me cuz it's my first job!

I went over at 1 today and there's only Janet, my fellow colleague, (feels weird to use the word colleague instead of classmate) who's there settling everything. And there's this crowd of customers omg. I haven't even learn the ropes of managing anything and the first thing I do is to stock up everything that the supplier sent. Don't sorry it's all handmade in the factory everyday! So I stacked and stacked and stacked. Oh my poor legs... Why am I so tall, all the squatting and bending down made my legs numb easily.

So after the crowd dispersed, she taught me more stuffs. The scariest yet exciting part of today was when she had to go get her lunch and I was left alone in the shop! I wasn't taught how to operate the cash register yet so she gave me a notepad to note down orders. And without the register, I had to do mental sums to give change. Ah thank god simple math is still fine for my brain. A maid came to buy while I was alone and she was so nice, she chatted with me and offered to pack her own tauhuey cuz she saw that I was alone and I had other orders.

But before Janet came back, someone order 28 tauhueys! WOAHHH. And there were others behind her, I almost wished I was an octopus because 2 hands wasn't enough. But Janet came back just in time phewwwww. And then I was asked to promote by giving out flyers. Now I know the feeling of  being rejected.. Oh well. But I didn't feel demoralised when people walked away after being approached though. Now whenever I see people giving out flyers, I'll definitely take. That job is definitely not easy.

While working, the most satisfied part is when there's really huge orders! Someone ordered 77 tauhueys today and I was like woahhhh. The shiok feeling when all the $$$$ comes in WOOHOO~ So we packed and left it aside for it to be collected at a later time. Wait! The best has yet to come... I finally got to try using the cash register!!! Although it isn't like the ntuc one which I really wanna try pressing those buttons really fast, this one works for me too :)

But sometimes it get really confusing, like press which button when they give how much, and whatsoever. Even though it was only 4 hours of work today, I kinda enjoyed the experience even though standing for 4 hours was really quite draining.
I'm looking forward to the rest of my working days ahead! COME AND SUPPORT OK?

Lots of love, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment